Paleo | Keto | Vegan
YOU GUYS YOU GUYS YOU GUYS.
HOW DID I NOT POST THIS SOONER?!
This post was lost in my drafts for 5ever.
I’m not one to be a recipe blogger but this was too good to pass up on not sharing. And it’s soooooo simple to make!
- 1 cup full fat Coconut milk (or coconut cream)
- 1/2 unsalted, browned grassfed butter (or ghee if you don’t have)
- 1/2 Swerve (or another powdered sugar replacement)
- dash of salt
- 1 tbsp. gelatin (optional; for more of a “chew”)
- optional toppings (coconut flakes, cacao nibs, nuts, etc)
- Refrigerate the coconut milk/cream and scoop out the thick paste that forms on the top. Don’t use the remaining water in this recipe.
- With the browned grassfed butter softened or melted, mix it with the coconut paste
- Add in salt and swerve/sweetener and mix.
- Fill into muffin tins and top with any toppings you’d like.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour
Yes, yes, I know it’s not a “fall” recipe but who cares?! WHEN IT’S THIS DELICIOUS.
The browned grassfed butter will give it a slight “caramel”/burnt taste that’s so delicious. If you don’t have that, you can use ghee instead or regular unsalted butter.
So simple. I love it.
Traditional mochi is a Japanese dessert that is chewy on the outside with a sweet paste on the inside; usually made from mashed red bean, green bean, or taro. Needless to say, they’re a sugar and gluten bomb! And so cute. I wanted to make a healthified version that’s paleo and keto friendly.
Have you ever tried mochi before? What’s your favourite dessert?