WHATCHA EATIN’? Do you eat seasonally? (What’s in season anyway? I feel like mushrooms are, 365/24/7).
I usually go through phases where I’m absolutely balls to the walls with a specific food, and then I phase out and get bored of it. Then it comes back a few months down the road. For example, I was obsessed with salmon belly for a certain amount of time, then it was lamb, then almond milk, then canned coconut milk, then turbot fish, then steak, and….that’s what I’m currently on!
Oh wait. there’s one more thing.
I always keep these things to eat. If you asked me what I eat on a daily basis, I’d say “protein plus some fat and some vegetables. That’s literally what my plate looks like.” And you can see that in action on instagram:
I eat a primarily keto-paleo diet, which means I stick to wholesome foods and keep things moderate protein, high fat, and very low carb.
I made a video a long time ago after a grocery haul from wholefoods + online shopping:
(Yikes–that was highschool Linda)
Feel free to print this out and make it your own grocery list!
- Unsweetened Almond milk
- Canned Coconut Milk (I love mixing indian spices with this in my frother to make a hearty soup)
- Romaine Lettuce (I munch on these like a rabbit munches on carrots!)
- Iceberg Lettuce (^ see above note)
- Eggs (easy, on-the-go snack!)
- Pi dan
- Sardines (great source of calcium and zinc! Just make sure you eat the bones)
- Beef Liver (loads of vitamins)
- MCT C8 Oil (my favorite source of oil)
- Kimchi / Sauerkraut (really great for digestion!)
- Coconut oil
- Seaweed (these make great snacks!)
- Boullion cubes
- Cilantro (I can eat these straight up like a cow eats grass)
One thing about buying fish though–I hate having to scale them. I’d opt to buy the fillets whenever I can. Some of my favourite ones are Turbot, Burramundi, and tuna! (not the canned ones)
What’s a pantry staple to you? What’s always in your fridge?