Vegan | Paleo | Low Carb | Gluten Free
This was a recipe I made about a year ago when I was only doing paleo but not combined with keto. If your heart screams Italian pasta but your waistline says no, fear not! This recipe is lower calorie and lower carbs than traditional pasta but still tastes just as good! I think the best way to have it is to top the spaghetti boats with ooey, gooey, chew-in-your-mouth, sex-on-your-tastebuds, melted mozarella cheese, but if you’re vegan or paleo, simply omitt and just stick with sauteed vegetables with tomato sauce and seasonings of your choice.
Oh, did I mention the best part of this recipe is that it’s Vegan and paleo?
I seriously wish I had cheese to top.
The camera does not do the food any justice. It tasted SO GOOD.
- 1 Spaghetti Squash
- 1 1/2 lb extra lean ground beef(omit and use sauteed veggies if vegan)
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1-2 cups chopped vegetables of choice
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (optional--omit if paleo)
- Bake at 350F for 25-40 minutes cut side down. Every 10 or so minutes, flip it over so cut side is up.
- Meanwhile, brown the beef and add in the vegetables. I drained excess oil on a paper towel, but that's optional.
- Take the squash out of the oven and with a fork, start stranding the squash. It should be tender and strings should rise with ease. If not, bake for another 10 minutes.
- Place cooked meat and vegetable inside the squash, Top with tomato sauce and mix it all up. Option to add cheese on top.
- Place back in the oven at 350F for another 5-10 minutes.
Adapted from my Tumblr. A link up to Amanda, Jenn, Heather, Katie, Katie, Laura and Becky for their awesome fitness and food related link ups. Check out their blogs!
Squashes or Pumpkins?
Apple, pumpkin, or apple pie?